The FEPS Legacy Awards were established in 2008 to honor outstanding teachers, staff, students, volunteers and alumni. FEPS believes it is important to honor those who contribute to the success and reputation of our school district. Legacy Awards are given to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the students and families in our schools and community.
2016 Legacy Awards
FEPS is pleased to announce that the 2016 Legacy Award nomination process in now open!
Nominations for this year’s awards are due by March 23rd, 2016.
Special Thanks to our 2016 Sponsor:
To nominate someone for an Eden Prairie Legacy Award please click on one of the following links. Please see below for the nomination criteria for each category.
EPS Staff Person
EPS Alumnus/Community Leader
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Teacher of the Year
- Staff Employee of the Year
- Alumnus/Community Leader of the Year
- Eden Prairie Schools Volunteer of the Year
- Student of the Year
Self-nominations or nominations from family members are not accepted.
Please take a moment to nominate someone you feel worthy of recognition. Any Eden Prairie employee, administrator, student, parent, community member or alumnus may make the nomination.
Legacy Award winners will be notified by April 15, 2016.
Winners and nominees will be honored at a recognition event on Wednesday, May
4th, 2016 at Bearpath Country Club.
Award Categories and Criteria
Teacher of the Year
- Enthusiastic love of children with a commitment to student, school, and district improvement
- Innovative curriculum and instruction while achieving meaningful and measurable results
- Direct and significant impact on students’ passions for learning
- Creates a positive, supportive and respectful learning atmosphere where students flourish
- Demonstrates exemplary professionalism and high personal and professional integrity
Staff Person of the Year
- Commitment, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Advocates for best interests of students and exhibits a genuine love of children and a commitment to their success
- Outstanding customer service
- Takes pride in surroundings and being part of EP Schools
- High personal and professional integrity
- Contributions are above and beyond job requirements
Student of the Year
- Significant contributions to school or community OR has overcome significant obstacles to achieve success
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal character, exemplary behavior and positive attitude
- Serves as a positive role model to other students
EPS Alumnus/Community Member of the Year
- Extraordinary community involvement with an emphasis on education
- Professional success demonstrated by distinctive achievement
- Meritorious action, heroism and/or prevalence over adversity
- Significant volunteerism or philanthropy at a regional, national or international level
Volunteer of the Year
- Current volunteer whose service significantly impacts students, a school, or the district over time
- High personal integrity when dealing with teachers, staff, students or the administration
- Creates a positive, supportive and respectful atmosphere where others are excited to be involved
- Efforts have a clear impact on EP Schools
- Commitment to supporting our schools and community
Photos from last year's 2015 Legacy Awards:
Previous Legacy Awards Winners & Nominees
Winners of the 2015 Legacy Awards
Winners of the 2014 Legacy Awards
Winners of the 2013 Legacy Awards
Winners of the 2012 Legacy Awards
Winners of the 2011 Legacy Awards
Winners of the 2010 Legacy Awards
Winners of the 2009 Legacy Awards