Holasek-Griffiths Scholarship for Computer Science, Engineering, and Business
The Holasek-Griffiths Scholarship for Computer Science, Engineering and Business was established in 2000 through the generosity of Harold Griffiths in honor of his late wife, Betty Holasek-Griffiths, who was an Eden Prairie High School graduate (class of 1947).
Strongest consideration will be given to students who can demonstrate their interest in a career in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business. Relevant coursework, activities, community service and employment are considered. While applicants should be all-around citizens, GPA is not the crucial factor for selection.
This scholarship is awarded to a graduating Eden Prairie High School senior who will:
- Attend any post-secondary school in Fall 2015 (including public and private technical schools, 2-year colleges and 4-year colleges); and
- Enter the field(s) of: (1) computer science; (2) engineering; or (3) business.
$2,750 per academic year, renewable for an additional three years, for possible award total of $11,000. The scholarship is renewable contingent on the recipient earning 12-16 credits per quarter (or the school’s equivalent of a full load) starting freshman year or equivalent and maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA.
- The application process will take place through Eden Prairie High School’s Multi- Scholarship Application process.
- Please complete the Multi-Scholarship application through EPHS’s online Naviance system. The system is available from January 1st through February 27th.
- This scholarship requires a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation currently in Naviance will be used. If you do not have a letter of recommendation in Naviance, one must be uploaded by a teacher.
- Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on February 27, 2015.
- A committee will choose the recipient and the scholarship will be awarded at the Academic Awards night in May 2015.
Printable PDF version of this scholarship and application procedure
The winner of the 2014 Holasek-Griffiths Scholarship for Computer Science, Engineering and Business is Michael Parrish.
The son of Denise and Ted Parrish, Michael is an avid athlete, competing in two Varsity sports at EPHS - baseball and hockey. In March 2014, Michael received the Ryan Shuman Determination award, given to a senior hockey player who best exemplifies strength, courage, determination and commitment to Eden Prairie Hockey. Michael was an active member of the EPHS DECA Business Club and also served as the student member of the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce.
Michael is an involved volunteer in the community, where he volunteers as an instructor for EP Baseball winter clinics for youth players. He continues his work with the adaptive floor hockey & wheelchair basketball teams for students with special and physical needs.
For college, Michael will attend the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Business, where he intends to major in Finance. Congratulations, Michael!
2014 Michael Parrish
2013 Akila Pai
2012 Mark Miller
2011 David Platner
2010 Nicole Foyt
2009 Brandon Keibler
2008 Kyle Knutson
2007 Matthew Byrne
2006 John Krull
2005 Anna Green
2004 Rochelle Affias and David Huang
2003 Nathan Dorr
2002 Rommell Cevallos
2001 Corbin Hilgeman
I wanted to tell you how grateful I am to have received the 2010 Holasek-Griffiths Scholarship. I feel so honored and blessed to have FEPS in my life. When Ms. Educate announced my name at scholarship awards night I could hardly contain my excitement. FEPS truly made my senior year! I am excited to work with FEPS for the next four years. Thank you so much for once again choosing me to be the recipient of this wonderful scholarship.
~ Nicole Foyt, Class of 2010
Signup for our FEPS Newsletter and Like our Facebook page (below) to receive notifications about scholarship applications and deadlines.